Tuesday 21 January 2014

Wintery fun in Austria

Amazingly enough...with 2 weeks to go until we spend our first night in Melbourne...we are currently in Austria on a skiing holiday with hubby's family.

It is seriously the most strange thing...up until the moment we left for Austria last Thursday, all our thoughts and efforts have been surrounding our impending immigration. But since we arrived in this wintery wonderland, it is like our immigration is the most distant thing on our minds. I have for the most part not spoken or thought of it in days!! And when I do remember for a moment, I feel completely panicked...like I have forgotten the most important event in our lives...only weeks away now. It is almost like a guilty feeling...weird!!

I can hardly believe that we are so close to our immigration now...I am feeling really scared and panicked. Nothing more I can do to prepare our family for this huge change...it is now out of my control and we need to go with flow from here on out.  I am not so good with feeling out of control...but I am trying my best to just relax. I still have some major emotional moments...guess I can forgive myself for that...it is such a huge thing I cannot just sail through it calmly.

A funny thing that happened the other day. We were signing the kids up for Kindergarten Ski School. The lady asked which country we were from...and before I could answer she guessed "Australia"!! And then when I hesitated she said "South Africa". So I answered that she was right on both accounts! She herself in Aussie! And she said she thought my accent sounded a bit Australian. Was so funny! But nice at the same time.
A

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys are having a nice holiday!
    Sorry about panicked feelings - but definitely normal and expected. Stock up on some Rescue Remedy!!! Definitely helps take the edge off things. And it's safe for kiddies too.
    How funny that the lady guessed Australia first and that your accent sounds Australian. It's a sign, you guys are doing the right thing!
    Enjoy rest of holiday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete